Since 1996, FRDC has produced over 348 new single family homes, 100 multi-family units and rehabilitated over 650 additional units. FRDC offers a variety of housing options for all income levels.
In partnership with the City of Cleveland these programs are available:
- Afford-A-Home (AAH): Administered by the City of Cleveland Division of Neighborhood Services, AAH helps buyers purchase and repair affordable Cleveland homes. Local banks and neighborhood housing organizations participate in this program which offers low-interest loans and interest-free second mortgages of $5,000 or $10,000. Call 216-664-2045 or click here .
- Senior Homeowner Assistance Program (SHAP): Administered by the City of Cleveland Department of Aging, SHAP provides grants to Cleveland residents age 60+ or disabled adults who meet income eligibility guidelines and own single or two family homes in need of critical, health, safety and maintenance repairs. Applicants must live in the property in question and be able to show clear title. Call 216-664-2833 for more details. Learn more about the program and download an application here.
- Loan Programs : There are a variety of other organizations who provide loan programs for property owners hoping to rehabilitate or repair their homes, and we make many referrals to:
- Neighborhood Housing Services (NHS)
- Housing Enhancement Loan Program (HELP)
- Cleveland Restoration Society (CRS)
- Hebrew Free Loan Program